Ninth day of Christmas, ninth blog post.
I was struggling with finding a topic for today and asked Daniel again.
I found the suggestions that he came with somewhat silly, like “what does hope taste like or sound like?”
And then I started thinking. Does hope have a sound?
No it doesn’t; it has many sounds.
The sound of the phone ringing when you are expecting a phone call from a loved one, and hoping it is them calling. The sound of the ring tone, when you are calling and hoping the one in the other end will pick up – or maybe not pick up if you are scared of the call. The sound of a slot machine, when you are hoping for the big win. The sound of a key in the door; of footsteps, laughter… They can all be sounds of hope.
What does hope sound like to you?
- Blog post for the first day of Christmas: There is still hope
- Blog post for the second day of Christmas: Who is hope for?
- Blog post for the third day of Christmas: Sharing hope
- Blog post for the fourth day of Christmas: Is there room for hope?
- Blog post for the fifth day of Christmas: Removing hope
- Blog post for the sixth day of Christmas: Sacrifice and hope
- Blog post for the seventh day of Christmas: Helping hope along
- Blog post for the eight day of Christmas: A new hope
- Blog post for the tenth day of Christmas: Running out of hope
- Blog post for the eleventh day of Christmas: Creating a space for hope
- Blog post for the twelfth day of Christmas: What are my hopes?